National Testing Agency (NTA) will hold the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2020 on 28th January 2020. The students who want to do management after graduation give CMAT 2020. Since CMAT 2020 is near, it is necessary that the candidates know CMAT syllabus 2020. As of now, NTA or AICTE has not given any official syllabus. Hence, CMAT Syllabus 2020 is based on the previous years’ pattern. Read the article to know CMAT syllabus 2020.
CMAT 2020 Syllabus
CMAT exam paper has four sections including Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and General Awareness. However, no official syllabus has been defined. Since, CMAT Syllabus 2020 is based on these sections, therefore, it is important for candidates to go through the details. Let us take a look at the important dates for CMAT 2020.
The padding Property
|Application Form Date||1 November 2019|
|Exam Dates||28 January 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||30 November 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||01 December 2019|
|Admit Card Date||24 December 2019|
|Result Date||07 February 2020|
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
|Major Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
- The exam will be in Online mode.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The language of question paper will be in English only.
- A total number of questions will be 100.
- The maximum marks will be 400.
- Negative marking will be there, for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- For every correct answer, the student will get 4 marks.’
[Correct answers] x 4 – [Wrong answers] x 1 = Total marks
Section-wise details of CMAT Syllabus 2020
- Language Comprehension- As this section aims at understanding the verbal ability of the candidates; hence, it includes objective questions based on grammar, language and comprehension passages. Some important sub-topics are usage of Tenses, Articles, Modifiers, and Subject- Verb Agreement. Synonyms, Antonyms, jumbled sentences, Idioms, phrases, etc. are also included.
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation- This section deals with the mathematical abilities of the candidates. Major questions revolve around topics such as Basic Statistics, Profit and Loss, Time and Distance, Arithmetic Ratios, Averages, Geometry and Algebra. While Data Interpretation will deal with graphs, pie-charts, tables, etc.
- Logical Reasoning- In this section, the mental ability and aptitude are checked. Hence, major topics are Assertion-Reasoning, Numerical and Logical puzzles, Venn Diagrams, etc.
- General Awareness- This section is about the general knowledge of candidates. Therefore, there is a wide variety of questions. Major topics such as Current Affairs, Business Economics, Constitution of India, National and International events, Monetary and Fiscal tools, etc. are included. Also, one should regularly read the newspaper.
Importance of CMAT Syllabus 2020
CMAT Syllabus is key to understand because each section holds equal weight in the CMAT exam. Hence, all four sections have 25 questions each. +4 is given for correct answer and -1 is cut for the wrong answer. Therefore, the candidates cannot ignore any section. Since it is necessary that the candidates go through the syllabus; they could also do that with the help of previous years’ papers as well.
How to Prepare for CMAT 2020
- Firstly, go through with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Test yourself and your ability to perform according to the different topics.
- You can take the help of books such as RS Aggarwal and Arun Sharma in order to prepare well.
- Make a time-table according to your daily routine activities.
- Give more time to the topics you think you are weak at.
- Take the Online Trial Test of CMAT.
- Practice daily by taking online mock tests.
- Read the newspaper daily to enhance your General Awareness.
- Along with the newspaper you can also read books and novels, it will improve your vocabulary.
Frequently Asked Questions
The candidates can purchase separate books for every section. However, “The Complete Reference Manual for CMAT by SK Sinha, S Satyanarayan and JS Rana” is exclusively for CMAT preparation. Also, Arihant Publications have different books for CMAT.
No. Since, NTA has not announced any changes in CMAT syllabus after taking charge from AICTE; hence, CMAT Syllabus may be the same as last time.
Visit to cmat.nta.nic.in for any queries. Further, you can contact NTA officials.
Official website: cmat.nta.nic.in