The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2020 result will be declared on 07 February 2020. The result declaration is preceded by the release of the answer key. Candidates can check the result by using their log in credentials on gpat.nta.nic.in. Furthermore, the cut off marks for each category are stated along with the GPAT 2020 result. This will assist the candidates in knowing whether or not they have qualified the test. Candidates can proceed ahead to apply to various institutions after knowing the result. Let’s check the details of the GPAT Result 2020.
GPAT 2020 Result
The GPAT exam is scheduled in the month of January 2020. The response key is given to the candidates before the result in order to calculate the marks. Thereafter, NTA releases the result. Below are the important dates related to result declaration-
The padding Property
|Application Form Date||1 November 2019|
|Exam Dates||28 January 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||30 November 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||01 December 2019|
|Admit Card Date||24 December 2019|
|Result Date||07 February 2020|
Result: GPAT 2020 Result will be available at gpat.nta.nic.in
How to calculate the GPAT 2020 Score?
NTA provides a marking scheme. This scheme is the basis for calculating the raw score. Furthermore, the raw scores are transformed into the percentile score. In the scorecard, both the raw score and percentile score are clearly stated. The final result is based on these calculated scores.
- Examiner gives 4 marks for each correct choice.
- Furthermore, each wrong answer leads to the deduction of 1 mark.
Calculation of the raw score
Raw score= +4*(number of correct choices)-1*(number of wrong attempts)
How to break the tie?
It’s commonly observed that more than one candidate obtain the same score. In such cases, it’s important to prioritize one person over the other. Further, NTA has decided the criteria based on which the tie is broken. The criteria is as follows-
- Firstly, the scores obtained in Pharmaceutics must be higher as the test.
- Secondly, marks obtained in Pharmaceutical Chemistry will be considered.
- Candidates having less negative responses in the paper.
- Candidates older in age.
Process to check the GPAT Result 2020
Now that you know all the minute details related to the result process and how it’s formulated, it’s vital to know the process of checking the same. Below are the steps for checking the result-
Step 1: Visit the official site
- Open the official website of GPAT, gpat.nta.nic.in.
- Secondly, click on the tab, ‘GPAT 2020 Result’
Step 2: Log In
- Further, this will redirect you to a log in page.
- Add the log in details, namely the application number and password (date of birth). Submit the details and proceed ahead.
Step 3: Download the result
- Now you can download the scorecard, which will have the details of your performance in the test.
- Print the GPAT Result 2020 for the counseling process and further reference.
The Next Step: GPAT Counselling Process
After the result, candidates move ahead to apply for various institutes. This means that NTA does not allocate colleges based on GPAT result directly. Consequently, students choose the colleges they desire and apply for the same. But, they must gather essential information before actually going ahead. Keep the following things in mind before applying for any institute-
- Firstly, each institute has its own cut-off marks across categories. A candidate should certainly know whether or not he meets the cut-off. In case one meets the cut-off, he/she can apply for the college.
- Secondly, certain colleges have their own selection process. In other words, some colleges organize Personal Interview (PI) or Group Discussion (GD) sessions as a part of the admission process. If a student qualifies these levels, only then she/he gets the admission.
- Finally, the shortlisted candidates get to sit for the counseling process. Furthermore, these candidates have to produce valid documents before their admission is confirmed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please follow the following steps to check the result in case your application number is lost-
Step 1: Go to the official result tab
>>Open the result link from the official site.
>>Click on the ‘Forgot Application Number’ dialogue box.
>>Select the ‘Get Application Number’ option from the menu that opens in front of you.
Step 2: Add the required details
>>Now you have to add your name, father’s name, mother’s name and birth date.
>>Add the security pin and click on the ‘Get Application Number’ tab. Your application number will appear on the screen.
>>Use the displayed application number and your birthdate to download the result from the page ahead.
The GPAT score is valid for 3 years.
No. The result declared by NTA is final. You cannot challenge the same.