National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2020 in the month of January. The application form for GPAT 2020 has been released in online mode at gpat.nta.nic.in. Earlier the exam was supervised by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). But, NTA took over the exam under the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). The exam is conducted once a year for admission to M.Pharm courses across India. The graduates in Pharmacy take the test in order to secure a place in the AICTE approved/affiliated institutions. The exam is conducted in a single session for all the aspirants. Furthermore, candidates have to apply separately to the desired institutions with their GPAT 2020 score after the result declaration. Let’s scrutinize every minute detail of the exam to provide clarity to the students who intend to appear for the same.
Latest: The application form of GPAT 2020 is available now, candidates can fill the same from the “application form” page.
The procedure of GPAT shares a similar vein with CMAT examination. Both the exam do not directly admit students to the college they desire. Thus, the basic idea is to apply to the preferred institutions. However, do check the eligibility criteria of the institution to check whether or not you meet the requirements.
To begin with, it’s mandatory to know the dates of paramount importance with respect to GPAT 2020. The important dates are tabulated below-
The padding Property
|Application Form Date||1 November 2019|
|Exam Dates||28 January 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||30 November 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||01 December 2019|
|Admit Card Date||24 December 2019|
|Result Date||07 February 2020|
Most importantly, to sit for any examination, it’s vital to know whether or not you are eligible for the same. In other words, a candidate should always look for the grounds on which one qualifies for taking an exam. Once you are well aware of the fact that you meet the stated requirements, you can fill the form. Stated below are the eligibility needs for the GPAT test-
- Firstly, the candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Secondly, the candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution. Moreover, students appearing for the final semester exams can also apply, if their result will be declared before the beginning of the admission process.
- Thirdly, B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology) graduates CANNOT apply for the exam.
- Lastly, there is no age restriction in the GPAT test.
If a candidate meets the eligibility criteria, he can apply for the exam. Further, NTA has specified the details of the application form fee for the convenience of the applicants. While filling the form, you’ve to pay the below-stated amount as per the category to which you belong-
|General/OBC(Non-creamy layer)/Gen-EWS||INR 1600||INR 800|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 800||INR 800|
|Transgender||INR 800||INR 800|
GPAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates who are interested in the GPAT examination are requested to go through the Official brochure before applying for the same. Candidates are also advised to follow the guidelines provided for a successful submission of their Application Form, Fee and their Admissions etc.
- GPAT 2020 registration is done through the Online method only.
- Candidates will require, to register themselves through Official website.
- Important dates regarding the Application Forms are as mentioned above in the schedule.
- So as to make the fee payment the candidates can use both the methods, i.e online and offline methods to make successful payments for the GPAT 2020.
GPAT Login 2020
The login will be activated, once the candidate will be able to furnish all the required details successfully. After the login is activated the candidate can easily register themselves. Candidates will also require to keep login details handy so as to fill up the forms and also complete the other formalities that are to be done. To login the candidate will need to go through a number of steps, hence the procedure has been explained underneath.
- To Login the candidates will need to provide their Email Ids and passwords.
- The details furnished by the candidate should be true and the same in nature.
- Once Logged in now the candidates, will be able to register themselves and will be able to furnish all their details in the application form.
- They will also, be able to submit the forms there itself.
- GPAT 2020 Admit cards of the candidates will also be received at the same login portal.
- Candidates will be able to download all their important documents from the same.
- After the GPAT 2020 result gets declared the candidates will be finding the same there in the portal itself.
- Candidates will also be able, to download their scorecard.
GPAT 2020 Admit Card
The Registered candidates will be getting their GPAT 2020 Admit Cards as soon as the registering process gets accomplished successfully. It is advisable for all, that the login details should be handy as the GPAT Admit Card will be released through online method. Whereas it will be released on its Official website by the concerned Official authorities. In case any candidate tends to forget their login id or password they can take the help of Forget password option and can recover the same by entering their recovery question/ answer. It is also mandatory for the candidates to carry their GPAT 2020 Admit Cards on the day of the examination, to the examination hall otherwise, they won’t be permitted inside the examination hall. It is also advised that the candidates should be carrying a valid ID proof along with themselves on the day of the examination.
Pattern of the Exam
The pattern of the GPAT 2020 exam is important to know if you plan to prepare for the exam. Moreover, the pattern of the exam is pretty basic and can be easily analyzed. Let’s examine all the details of the paper pattern-
- The medium of the test- The language of the test paper is only English.
- Mode of the test- Just like the other important national exams, GPAT is also conducted through the online mode. Pen and pencil are provided for rough work.
- Marking scheme- The examiner gives 4 marks for each correct answer. However, 1 mark is also deducted for each wrong answer.
- Number of questions- The total number of multiple-choice questions is 125.
- Time Duration- 3 hours are allocated for the test.
Certain categories get the benefit of reservation to a certain extent in every institution. However, one has to check for such provisions with the university policy itself. Furthermore, the reservation rates of the government institutes are specified well in advance. Candidates can check below for the reservation percentage in the institutes governed by Central Government-
|Categories||Reservation in Percentage|
|General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-creamy layer||27%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||5% seats are reserved for PwD candidates in each category|
GPAT Answer Key
Answer Key for the GPAT 2020 is released, once the examination process will get accomplished. The GPAT Answer Key 2020 are published through the online method only. Whereas the concerned authorities will be releasing the same on its Official Website.
Followed by the answer key, GPAT 2020 Result is declared, after the accomplishment of the GPAT 2020 examination. The result is declared for all the candidates on the Official website only. The candidates will be able to check their respective results by logging in. According to the performances of the candidates and also based on their respective percentiles, the Merit List will also get released.
It’s very important to know the process that will follow the GPAT 2020 result declaration. Unlike many other competitive exams, GPAT does not directly admit the students to colleges on the basis of the score. Moreover, students have to follow certain additional steps for final admission. To clarify, one needs to see the eligibility for the college of choice. Then if one meets the set criteria, he can apply to that college. One student can apply to multiple colleges and attend their counseling process and decide the college for yourself.
Further, each college can have its own admission process. They might take an interview before admitting the student. So, clearly check from the institute’s website to know their process at length and follow up on the same to avoid any misinformation.
Frequently asked Questions
There is a decent level of topnotch competition in GPAT every year. In the year 2019, about 40,649 candidates took the test. A close number of competitors are expected to participate in the exam this year as well.
No. Changes to the GPAT form after submission are not permissible.
Test Practice Centers (TCPs) is a network established by NTA all across India to prepare students for the test. Moreover, GPAT aspirants can also visit these centers in order to attain a state of readiness for the exam.
Official Website: gpat.nta.nic.in