You may get a little overwhelmed and confused about the vast JEE Main 2019 Syllabus, but until you have the dedication, hard work and confidence in your self you can easily crack JEE Main 2019. You just have to start early. If you are in class 11 or class 12 and are aspiring to appear in JEE Main 2019, gear up and start your preparations early. We are listing down tips here in this article on How to Prepare for JEE Main 2019. The toppers of previous years’ JEE Main exams have also shared their preparation tips which we will include here so that you can get a direction on how to get through with the preparations.
How To Prepare For JEE Main 2019
If you are curious about How To Prepare For Jee Main 2019, then we are here to provide you with some important tips and techniques. JEE Main is one of the most popular examinations in India and the competition these exams hold are tremendous and why not. Through JEE Main Examination you can get direct admission to the IITs of the nation. Read below some important tips on how to start your preparations:
- Know the JEE Main syllabus.
- Know which chapter or subject needs the most preparation.
- Prepare a timetable accordingly. Divide the months and dedicate them to a particular Chapter or Chapters.
- Do not go beyond the Syllabus. Stick to the Syllabus prescribed by the JEE Main conducting board. It will be enough if covered completely.
- Practice, practise a lot. Practise the problems in NCERT books and reference books.
- Solve question papers. If you start early from today, you can go next level and solve question papers of other examinations like VITEEE, BITSAT, WBJEE, and JEE Advance. This will give you an edge over the difficult questions and you will get used to solving a variety of questions.
- Get any unclear concepts cleared. JEE Mains test your basic concepts and how familiar you are with them. Thus getting all your concepts from each subject cleared is a must.
- Dedicate at least 7 hours a day for JEE Mains Preparation. This is the average study time of the candidates who do well in JEE Mains.
- Do not break your flow. If you are engaged in a particular chapter, complete it then move to the next one. Do not left anything in the middle.
- Take care of your health by having a proper diet and study breaks. Falling ill on the D-Day is not what we need.
JEE Main 2019: Subject wise Preparation Strategy
The subjects that you will need to study for JEE Main Preparation are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You should divide the time slots for each subject as per your preference. You can refer the JEE Main 2019 Timetable to get an idea. Below image will guide you through the subject wise preparation strategy that you can use for JEE Main 2019 Preparations:
Subject wise Important Chapters:
Here are the list of important chapters from each subject. Make sure you cover them on a preference basis on your JEE Main 2019 Timetable.
Physics: Electrostatics, Atoms and Nuclei, Oscillations and Waves, Current Electricity.
Chemistry: Organic compounds containing oxygen, Ionic and chemical equilibrium, Chemical bonding, Thermodynamics and heat, Coordination compounds, Biomolecules and polymers.
Mathematics: Integration, Vector and 3D, Coordinate Geometry, Permutation and Combination, probability, Trigonometry.
Things to Avoid while Preparing for JEE Main 2019
While we focus on How To Prepare For JEE Main 2019, we must also know what not to do while preparing. There are some things that you might have to let go of for a year if you really want to devote your self to IIT JEE Mains Preparation. Here are the don’ts of JEE Main Preparation:
- Do not Procrastinate: Do not keep any topic for tomorrow, it will create a backlog. Backlogs are the most dangerous hindrance in your preparations. The timetable you have prepared must be followed with utter discipline.
- Quantity over Quality: Trying to solve everything just for the sake of it, won’t make any difference. While solving the problems make sure you are in line with the concept and theory. You must know which formula to use where and why you should use them.
- Piling up Doubts: Don’t let the doubts pile up. Try to solve them as soon as possible. Also, don’t stop because you are stuck in a doubt. Try to solve the doubts one at a time, or at the end of the chapter completion.
- Dependent on Coaching: Don’t remain too dependent on the coachings. Self-study is very important, without it you can not realise your strength and weaknesses. Study by yourself. Create notes in your own handwriting. Practice what you have practised in school/coaching again. You may come up with some new doubts or new ways to solve the same problem.
- Over Burden: Do bot just overburden your Timetable with the syllabus, give space to other activities to relax your self. Stay calm and composed throughout.
- Do not forget your school Boards: You must not worry only about the JEE Main preparations. Do not forget about your board examinations. Thus, if you finish your JEE Main 2019 Syllabus by December you stay in sync with Board examinations too. Teachers and JEE Main toppers highly recommend that you must not take Board Examination lightly.
- Do not Worry: Do not worry about the examination while preparing for it. Keep yourself focused on one thing.
JEE Main 2019: Tips From The Toppers
The toppers of JEE Main Examinations have also shared their tips on How To Prepare For JEE Main 2019. They share few tips on how to manage Board Examination and JEE Main Examination together.
- All toppers share that just ahead of the board examinations they made an extra effort to keep the worries of the entrance examination at bay.
- Concentrate on the curriculum of the CBSE Class 12 Board Exams for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Don’t give NCERT Textbook problems a miss.
- There is usually a gap of about a week or 10 days between the JEE Main examination and CBSE Boards. Toppers feel that this is the time when they should focus only on solving sample papers for the entrance examination.
- Toppers feel that sample papers were the quickest way of determining which subject or which topic required their special attention in the limited time span.
IIT JEE Main 2017 Topper: Kalpit Veerwal
The first-ever student to have scored 100 percent in the prestigious Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2017, has scored a mention of his name in the Limca Book Of Records.n his interview, Kalpit Veerwal has said to the PTI:
“I did not study for 15 hours a day, I did not go down the usual ‘Kota route’ for IIT preparations but consistent studies helped me a lot.”
– Kalpit Veerwal
Thus, taking direction from the tips by the toppers on How To Prepare For Jee Main 2019, and with a consistent effort, you can crack the most prestigious entrance exam of the Nation. It is thus very clear that hard work, sincerity and consistency is the key to preparing for JEE Main Examination.
Official Website: www.jeemain.nic.in