The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Open Management Aptitude Test (OPENMAT) 2020 is conducted on 29th April, 2020. Earlier, IGNOU itself conducted the examination. But now, NTA has taken charge. It is always advisable that the candidates go through IGNOU MBA Admission 2020 Syllabus. Read on this article to know more about the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
The exam provides admissions only into the management programmes of IGNOU. Here are the important dates as per the official notice of NTA.
The padding Property
|IGNOU OPENMAT 2020||Dates|
|Application Form Date||31 January 2020|
|Exam Dates||29 April 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||29 February 2020|
|Admit Card Date||1 April 2020|
|Result Date||10 May 2020|
Firstly, it is important that candidates know the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus in detail. It is the stepping stone to score more marks in the examination. Hence, to understand the syllabus read on. Also, candidates are advised to follow the previous years’ papers for better performance.
OPENMAT Syllabus 2020: Important Details to remember
The syllabus of IGNOU OPENMAT is same as the other management exams. The exam consists of the same four sections. However, IGNOU has not officially specified any syllabus. Hence in this case, the OPENMAT Syllabus is based upon the previous papers and the syllabus of other MBA exams is referred. However, let us take a look at some details broadly.
- IGNOU MBA Entrance Exam is held for admissions in management courses of IGNOU only.
- Any official ignou syllabus is not given. Hence, candidates are advised to study using the ignou mba syllabus modules of other MBA entrances.
- The syllabus of OPENMAT is vast and hence requires special attention.
- In all, the candidates have to appear for 4 tests.
- Therefore, it is must that candidates go through a plethora of books separately for every section.
The importance of IGNOU OPENMAT Syllabus 2020
The reason that makes this exam more complex than others is because there is no specified mba syllabus of IGNOU OPENMAT. Therefore, special attention is required. To prepare for IGNOU MBA Admission, the following points need to be remembered.
- The exam holds 4 tests in different sections. Hence, it is important to ace every section for guaranteed selection.
- The four sections include General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.
- As a result, the exam demands a balance of Maths and Language. Hence to get acquainted with the syllabus, candidates should go through as many books as possible.
OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus Frequently Asked Questions
No. IGNOU has not given any particular syllabus. However, candidates can refer to syllabus of CAT/CMAT for practice. Lastly, revise more question banks. Candidates can get an idea of the syllabus.
Usually, the English Language section contains reading comprehensions and vocabulary. Hence, candidates need to read more and more. Therefore, focus on synonyms, antonyms, error correction, etc.
Candidates can refer to CMAT syllabus for a solid preparation. However, questions asked in IGNOU OPENMAT are not as tricky as other MBA exams. But, the exam cannot be taken lightly. Because the questions range from moderate to very difficult.
Official website: ntaignou.nic.inIGNOU OPENMAT