NTA conducts Indira Gandhi National Open University Open Management Aptitude Test (IGNOU OPENMAT) exam. The National Testing Agency (NTA) took over the exam recently, which admits students to MBA courses on the basis of their performance. Furthermore, earlier the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 test was conducted by the university itself. But, the shift was made after the order of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). Read below to know the peculiarities of OPENMAT 2020.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020
MHRD declared NTA as an autonomous and independent body for conducting national level exams. IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam falls under the same category. The exam is scheduled for the 29th of April, 2020. NTA releases the information brochure on the official site, ntaignou.nic.in. All the details pertaining to the exam feature in this brochure.
The IGNOU MBA 2020 intends to admit students to the public university, wherein they can easily study from distance. Irrespective of the distance learning, the quality of education is top-notch. Moreover, those candidates who are looking for an admission in the MBA course can take this exam.
OPENMAT Important Dates
The dates for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 are out and thus candidates must have an idea about the same to avoid missing out on any important event. Following is a tabulated list of the important dates
The padding Property
|IGNOU OPENMAT 2020||Dates|
|Application Form Date||31 January 2020|
|Exam Dates||29 April 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||29 February 2020|
|Admit Card Date||1 April 2020|
|Result Date||10 May 2020|
IGNOU OPENMAT Eligibility Criteria
AICTE has established the criteria for IGNOU MBA 2020. Further, the candidates must meet the following requirements in order to apply for the test-
- Graduate in any degree from a reputed institute. Furthermore, general candidates need to have a minimum of 50%, whereas reserved candidates must have 45%.
- Secondly, a candidate’s CGPA has to meet the set percentile requirement.
- Thirdly, there is no age limit for OPENMAT 2020.
Particulars of the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Programme
IGNOU MBA OPENMAT is a distance learning program. It’s feasible for those who need education at their footsteps. In this course, the university follows a modular approach. Further, certain highlights of the program are as follows-
- The duration of the course is 2 years generally. However, it can go on to a maximum of 5 years.
- The cost per course is INR 1,800. The MBA course has a total of 21 courses.
- The most crucial aspect of the course is that the program is modeled on a modular approach. This means that if a person needs to opt out of the course at any given point, he/she is given an exit point. In other words, a candidate has the provision of rejoining the course from where he/she left.
- Finally, those who complete specialization in at least 6 courses, along with the compulsory basic course are awarded post graduate diploma in their subject of specialization.
IGNOU MBA Entrance ExamApplication Fee
Application fee details are important for the candidates who intend to apply for the exam. The amount that is decided for the form across categories is as follows-
|Unreserved/OBC (Non-creamy layer)||INR 600|
Pattern of the OPENMAT Exam
Those who are interested in pursuing MBA from IGNOU must be well aware of the pattern of the test. Further, the pattern includes all the important details that ease the preparation process for a candidate. Following are the highlights of the IGNOU OPENMAT exam pattern-
- Mode of the exam: The exam is conducted through the online mode, i.e., Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Medium of the exam: English is the only medium of instructions.
- Number of sections: The test is divided into four sections, namely, General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- Number of questions in each section: 30 questions are asked in the General Awareness section, 50 in English Language, 50 in Quantitative Aptitude, and 70 in Logical Reasoning.
- Total number of questions: 200 questions feature in the test.
- Time Duration: 3 hours are given for solving 200 questions.
- Marking Scheme: The examiner gives 1 mark for each correct answer. Furthermore, IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam doesn’t have any sort of negative marking.
IGNOU MBA Admission 2020 Reservation Policy
IGNOU MBA exam follows the Central Government reservation policy for the education sector. The reserved classes are provided benefit with the offered reservation. Following is the tabulated reservation provision for different categories-
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||5% in each category|
Although reserved categories have the provision of benefiting from the reservation, they can be denied admission if the document produced in support of their caste is found untrue.
OPENMAT 2020 Frequently asked Questions
Certainly. To clarify, one can pursue higher education from IGNOU without clearing the OPENMAT 2020 test by taking admission in the PG Diploma Course.
Yes. In other words, MBA from IGNOU follows a modular approach. This implies that a candidate is given an exit point when he/she decides to quit the course. You can take up the course from this exit point later on. Furthermore, the candidates who complete 6 course specialization and the basic course are given diploma certification.
For each course, a candidate has to pay INR 1,800.
IGNOU is a public university that excels in distance learning courses. This further suggests that those who take admission in IGNOU do not have to physically appear for the classes, which indirectly means the feasibility of time. You can plan your own study schedule. Also, attendance isn’t an issue with such a program. Moreover, the benefit of an exit point is an added bonus.
Official Website: ignou.ac.in