NTA will hold JEE Main 2020 in the month of Jan 2020 and Apr 2020. The JEE Mains 2020 Examination is being held in the country as one of the most popular entrance examinations for admissions in top engineering colleges of India in undergraduate engineering and architecture programmes. National Test Agency is the conducting body of JEE Main 2020 and all other exams that was being held by CBSE, AICTE. Also get the JEE Mains dates and how you can be ready for the most popular entrance exam of India in 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Complete Details
As JEE Main is concerned, it is a national level entrance conducted to fill the various seats under all the bachelor level engineering courses, every year. JEE Main score is validated across all the engineering colleges in India.
JEE Main will now be conducted twice, a year to give a fair chance to all the students. According to the MHRD, JEE Main will be conducted in the months of January and April. For aspirants wishing to apply for the JEE Main (January 2020) the procedure is over in the months of September 2019. But for JEE Main (April), the application process commences from the second week of February 2020. Note that, this year JEE Main is fully online. Candidates will be able to find all the changes, news and exam date from this page below.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
Earlier, it was conducted once a year. But from 2020 onwards, it will be conducted twice a year under the supervision of NTA. The dates are already released and available online on official website. Candidates can now appear for JEE Main as per their convenience, either in the month of January or April 2020 or in both of these months. The better rank in any of these months will be considered for admission purposes. The Aspirants can start preparing for the JEE Main, as per the dates mentioned below.
|JEE Main 2020 (January)||Dates|
|JEE Main 2020 Admit Card for first exam||Dec 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates||Jan 2020|
|Result Declaration Dates||Jan 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 (April)||Dates|
|Online Application Procedure Commences||Feb 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Admit Card for second exam||Mar 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates||Apr 2020|
|Result Declaration Dates||Apr 2020|
Note: Candidates need to appear for JEE Main 2020 only through online mode. They will be able to choose from 8 different sittings as per their convenience, to appear for the exam.
Candidates who are aspiring to appear for JEE 2020 must note the above dates, as it will help them to stay aware and prepare the JEE Main 2020 preparation Timetable.
What to expect in JEE Main 2020?
You should not worry about any major changes in JEE this year. Do not get anxious about the change in exam pattern or the syllabus, as there is no such change for now. Although the exam conducting body has been changed, few things will be retained by the committee. Those are:
- The language of the JEE Main paper would remain the same i.e English, Hindi and Gujarati (in some test centers).
- To avoid much confusion, the syllabus of JEE Mains 2020 has also been kept the same.
- Also, the pattern have been unaltered.
The attempt limit of JEE Main will be three consecutive years after the passing year of class 12. But there is no age limit now. Note that, admission session and the counseling will be held only once, unlike the JEE Main exam. However, there will be no changes in the procedure of the JEE Advanced. For more details on NTA, candidates can check the official website.
Changes in JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern?
With the change of the conducting body, students are curious about the JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern. But let us make this very clear, that no such change is made this year, one should rely on the old exam pattern for this year’s JEE Main examination.
The exam pattern remain the same old one, here is the Exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. You can apply for either of the one paper or can apply for both of them. This will depend upon the course you have applied for.
- Mode: Online Computer Based Exam
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Based Questions
- Medium Of Language: English, Hindi, and Gujarati ( across some regional test centers of Daman, Diu, Gujarat and Nagar Haveli)
- No. Of Questions To Be Attempted: 30 questions each from PCM – For BE/BTech and for B.Arch/B. Plan, 50 questions from aptitude section, 30 questions from Mathematics and 2 questions based on drawing section.
- Marking Criteria: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: A mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer and no marks will be deducted if a question is left unanswered.
Mode of Exam JEE Main 2020
JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted in the following mode:
(a) Paper-1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
(b) Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning): Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based”(offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet.
Type of Examination
JEE (Main)–2020 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning). Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.), or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning), or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination is given in the table below:
Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below:
- BE /B Tech: Paper-1
- B.Arch / B.Plan (At Institutions other than IITs): Paper-2
Medium of Question Paper
The medium of Question Paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
Preparing for JEE Main 2020
Being one of the most popular and most competitive entrance examinations of the nation, you are very well aware of the competition that you will face if you are aspiring to appear in JEE main examination this year.
With the states of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions joining the JEE (Main) system, the competition is likely to increase. Thus you must be thoroughly prepared by December, so that you get enough time for revision before April, the month of the examination.
Few tips to prepare for JEE Main 2020:
- Prepare a timetable that allows you to complete your chapters by the month of December 2019.
- Be thorough with the JEE Main Syllabus.
- Dedicate each day to practising problems, this will increase your speed of solving problems.
- Gather previous years’ question papers, at least past 5 years’.
- Create an exam environment and solve the papers in the specified time limit.
- Get thorough with NCERT chapters of class 11 and 12.
- Fall in love with solving each exercise in the textbooks.
- If you are taking coaching, don’t just rely on them. Give ‘self-study’ plenty of time.
These were some general tips. But we have curated some very important points on ‘How to Prepare for JEE Mains 2020‘. Aspiring candidates will find them really helpful as they contain subject wise preparation techniques and guidance.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
JEE Main 2020 will be conducted to allot seats to various candidates in IITs, NITs, and CFTIs. That is why it becomes crucial to scoring some great marks in JEE Main 2020 to get into one of these above listed prestigious institutes. And that is only possible if you start preparing according to the syllabus prescribed. The syllabus for IIT JEE Main this year will remain the same, no major changes are expected from the new conducting body, NTA. You will have to cover all the topics / concepts of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from class 11th and 12th, which are part of the JEE Main syllabus. Along with NCERT books, aspirants can study from JEE reference books. It is also important to solve questions from past year papers of JEE Main to know what type of questions you can expect in the examination.
- We have the detailed syllabus of IIT JEE 2020 Mains Exam! You can find it here.
Are you Eligible for JEE Main 2020?
Before filling up any application forms, it becomes mandatory to go through and match up the eligibility guidelines laid down by the exam conducting body. JEE Main 2020 applications will only be considered to be valid, once a candidate’s eligibility is fulfilled as per the norms, listed below:
- If you have appeared in your class 12 examination in the year of 2018 or 2019, you can apply for this year’s JEE Main.
- If you will be appearing in your class 12 examination in 2020, you can apply too.
- If you have 5 subjects in your class 12 you are eligible to apply, candidates with 4 subjects in their class 12 will not be accepted.
- The candidates who have attempted JEE Main three times will not be allowed, as the number of maximum attempts is 3.
Process of applying for JEE Main 2020
There is only one mode to apply for JEE Main 2020 and that would be online. You can apply for the examination this year by visiting the official JEE Main portal / NTA website. The process of applying will be online as the past years.
- You will need to visit the official portal.
- Register using a valid mobile number, email ID and adhaar card number.
- Fill the online JEE Main Application Form.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Upload the photograph and signatures as per specification.
- Submit the application form online.
- Take print out of the generated acknowledgement page containing your application number.
- Do not send it, keep it for reference.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The JEE Main 2020 Admit is an important document that needs to be necessarily carried to the examination hall on the day of examination along with an ID. It is issued by NTA online on the official website after the successful application form submission on candidate’s part. The link of the JEE Mains 2020 Admit Card is also available on this page.
After checking the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card, candidates need to download it before the link vanishes or the website crashes. The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card contains some personal details, along with some examination related details. Make sure, you sign and paste a photograph at the space provided on the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. A helpdesk has especially been set up for providing solutions to all your JEE Main 2020 Admit Card related queries on any working days. The updated phone numbers will be available soon on this page.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
Soon after the JEE Main 2020 is held successfully across its various test centers, NTA is expected to release its answer key. Candidates will be able to view the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key by logging in to the official portal. The application number and the date of birth are required for log in purposes.
Candidates will be able to calculate their rough score with the help of the JEE Main 2020 Answer key. With the help of this answer key, candidates will be able to predict whether they will actually qualify or not.
JEE Main 2020 Result
JEE Main 2020 Result will be announced after the exams have been conducted for the months of January and April 2020 separately. But only one merit list will be prepared for both these exams. The candidates will need to log in to check their results online with their user id and password. They are also advised to save a copy of their JEE Mains 2020 Result. The JEE Main 2020 Result will consist of All India Rank and All India Category Rank which will eventually decide which candidate ends up getting what engineering college.
Official Website: www.nta.ac.in