Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main will be conducted by the NTA from 2020 onwards. JEE Main 2020 is held for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board. Students need to score minimum 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination to get admission in these institutes. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination. On this page we will discus about all JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for admission to engineering / architecture courses.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
You should check eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. If not eligible candidate appear in JEE (Main)-2020 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared or admission will not be granted.
All eligibile candidate can apply online as per the jee main 2020 dates provided by NTA. Below you can read about JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria paper wise.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Paper 1 (B.Tech / B.E)
The Eligibility Requirement to appear for JEE Main Paper 1 has been provided below. Check the details in order to apply for JEE Main. Application completion of application process NTA will also release status of applications for registered students.
There is no attempts limit in JEE Main 2020, However, only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in both January, 2020 and April, 2020 JEE (Main) 2020 Examination.
Candidates who passed Class 12th / Qualifying examinationi 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)–2020.
Age Limit for JEE Main 2020 Paper 1
Candidates should note that there is no age limit to appear for JEE Main 2020.
- However, it is mandatory that you have passed your 12th class in 2017, 2018 or 2020 (appearing) to apply for JEE Main.
- Before applying in different institutes, the candidates should fulfill the age limit requirements of that respective institute. Make sure to go through all the guidelines of the institutes in which you will be applying.
Qualifying Examination Requirements for JEE 2020
To be eligible for JEE Main 2020, you should have passed your 12th class in the specific year 2017, 2018 and 2020 (appearing) only.
- Those candidates who have passed their 12th class before 2017 or will appear for it in 2020 are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020.
Subjects in Qualifying Examination
The number of subjects taken by the candidates appearing for JEE Main 2020 should be at least five in the qualifying examination or class 12th.
- All those candidates who had four subjects in the qualifying exam or 12th class are not eligible to appear for JEE MAIN 2020.
- If any candidate fills wrong information regarding his number of subjects in the application form, then the result or rank of the candidate will not be declared.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Paper 2 (B.Arch / B.Plan)
The Eligibility Requirements of JEE Main Paper 2 are slightly different from the eligibility criteria of Paper 1. Check the eligibility details of JEE Main Paper 2 from below
Age Limit for JEE Main 2020 Paper 2
There is no age limit to appear for JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Candidates must have passed his or her 12th class in the year 2017, 2018 or 2020 (appearing) with minimum required marks.
- Check all the eligibility requirements regarding the age limit of the Institutes that you want to take admission in.
Educational Qualification for JEE Main 2020 Paper 2
The candidate need to have scored at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics combined in class 12th. In each subject separately, the minimum marks required are also 50%. Changes in educational requirement have been provided below
- Earlier, the compulsory subject was only Mathematics.
- Now the compulsory subjects to apply for JEE Main Paper 2 are Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
Check the notice regarding the changes from below
Students should also check examination pattern for paper 1 and paper 2 or only for which they are appearing. Exam Pattern provided clarity on all topics which are covered in the examination.
List of Qualifying Examination for JEE 2020
To appear for JEE Main 2020, the candidates should have passed examination from the list that has been given below
- The candidate should have passed the final examination under the 10+2 system of education from recognized State/Central Board such as Central Board of Secondary Education, Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations,
- Two year pre University exam or Intermediate should be passed by a candidate. The exam must be conducted by a recognized University or Board.
- The final exam should be passed of the 2 year course by the candidate from National Defence Academy (NDA) Joint Services Wing.
- There should be at least five subjects taken by the candidate passed from National Institute of Open Schooling-Senior Secondary School Examination.
- Student passed from Public School or any other University or Board exam from India or Outside India but it should be equivalent to the system of 10+2 (Association of Indian Universities)
List of Qualifying Exams for admission to Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) only
- Student should have passed Vocational Exam from H.S.C.
- The candidate should have done a diploma or State Board of Technical Education of minimum three years by AICTE.
- Advanced (A) Level-General Certificate Education Exam from London/Sri Lanka/Cambridge.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma or High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University
- The candidate should have passed at least a single Pre University or Board before if he has not passed through a public exam.
You should check the eligibility carefully as for those who are not eligible result may be withheld.
Seat Reservation for JEE 2020
The candidates belonging to the categories mentioned below have been provided relaxation as per the rules of Government of India. Check the categories from the table below\
|1.||Scheduled Castes (SC)|
|2.||Scheduled Tribes (ST)|
|3.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)- Non Creamy Layer|
|4.||Persons with Disability (PwD) with disability of 40% or more|