NTA conducts JEE Main twice a year in online mode. Earlier the Joint Entrance Exam was conducted by the CBSE. The exam was conducted offline and so the papers are easily available. From 2019, NTA took hold and now, the exam is conducted in online mode. JEE Main 2020 is due in January and April 2020. The January attempt will be 6th to 11th January, 2020. JEE Main Previous Years’ Question Papers and Answers are a key source of preparation for JEE Main 2020. As the questions tend to get repeated in JEE Main, the candidates must solve the JEE Main previous years question papers.
JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers
There are two papers in JEE Main- Paper 1 (B.E/ B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B. Arch/ B. Plan). Paper 1 is attempted for admission in engineering programmes, whereas Paper 2 is given for architecture and planning. The aspirants can appear for either of them or both, depending on their interests. However, the choice for appearing in the papers has to be specified at the time of filling the application form itself. JEE Main 2020 Important Dates are given below.
The padding Property
|JEE Main 2020||Dates|
|Application Form Date||3 September 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||30 September 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||1 October 2019|
|Application Form Correction Date||2nd week of Oct 2019|
|Admit Card Date||6 December 2019|
|Result Date||31 January 2020|
NTA release JEE Main Question Paper with answer key after the examination. Here you can get all previous year question papers.
JEE Main 2019 Question Papers
|Exam Date||Question Paper & Key|
|JEE Main 08 Jan 2019||Check Here|
|JEE Main 09 Jan 2019||Check Here|
|JEE Main 10 Jan 2019||Check Here|
|JEE Main 11 Jan 2019||Check Here|
|JEE Main 12 Jan 2019||Check Here|
JEE Main Question Paper Pattern
The paper pattern is as follows:
- The questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Paper 1, conducted for B.E/B.Tech aspirants. Each section has 30 questions.
- In Paper 2, there are three sections. The drawing section has 2 questions, followed by the Aptitude section with 50 questions and, at last Mathetmatics section contains 30 questions.
- 4 marks are given for every correct answer while 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. This scheme is followed in both, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- All the questions are MCQs and total of the paper is 360.
The Importance of JEE Main Previous Years’ Question Papers
There are many reasons why it is a must for every JEE Main aspirant to go through the JEE Main Previous Years’ Question Papers.
- It is important to study the change in pattern over the years which comprises of evaluating the increase and decrease of difficulty level.
- For optimum preparation, it is advised that the candidates must practice the JEE Main Previous Years Question Papers as Mock Exams to grasp the concept of time management.
- It is necessary for candidates to understand which topics have been given weightage over the years and how that weightage has shifted. The JEE Main Previous Years Question Papers will help them to predict the probable questions of JEE Main 2020 Exam.
JEE Main 2020 will be conducted in shifts throughout the week. Hence, there are high chances of a varied question bank.
JEE Main Previous Years Question Papers FAQ
If you are looking specifically for Previous Years Papers, Arihant’s 41 Years’ Chaperwise Topicwise Solved Papers 2019-1979 is the best book available in the market. The solutions are accurate.
The shift-wise last years’ question papers are available at the official website jeemain.nic.in.
The pattern of the question paper remains the same. The sections for Paper 1 are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper 2 has the drawing section, followed by Aptitude and Mathetmatics section. Apart from drawing, all are MCQs.
The exam will be conducted online in two shifts, forenoon and afternoon. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 have the time limit of 3hours. Only the drawing section of Paper 2 is pen and paper based.