The UGC NET 2019 Answer Key will follow up after the conduction of the exam. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is under the jurisdiction of the National Testing Agency (NTA). Therefore, NTA will declare the answer key on ugcnet.nta.nic.in. The provisional answer key is available for a specific number of days. During this period, candidates can verify the validity of all the data stated in the same. In case of any mistake, applicants can challenge the answer key, after which NTA will take immediate action on the same. The final UGC NET Answer Key 2019 is released thereafter.
UGC NET 2019 Answer Key
There are 81 subjects that are tested through the UGC NET exam. The answer key for all the subjects are released together by NTA on the official site developed for NET exam.
NTA has decided a proper schedule for the exam, which is available in the information brochure for the December 2019 attempt. The dates that are important with respect to the answer key are as follows-
The padding Property
|UGC NET 2019||Dates|
|Notification Date||21 August 2019|
|Application Form Date||9 September 2019|
|Exam Dates||2 December 2019 to 6 December 2019, 4 December 2019, 5 December 2019, 6 December 2019|
|Last Date to Apply||15 October 2019|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||16 October 2019|
|Application Form Correction Date||18 October to 25 October 2019|
|Admit Card Date||10 November 2019|
|Result Declaration||31 December 2019|
Answer Key: The UGC NET 2019 Answer Key will be available at ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
*Note: Please note that NTA will release the answer key declaration date after the exam. Furthermore, in the period after the exam and before the result declaration, both the provisional answer key and the final answer key will be provided.
How to Use the Answer Key?
While the answer key is said to be a vital document, it is essential to put it to proper use. Firstly, check your responses with the standard answers. Secondly, challenge any answer that is wrongly stated. Thirdly, use the marking scheme to get an idea about your final score. Once you have tallied your responses with the answer key, you can add it up using the marking scheme.
Apart from this, it’s important to know that the time span to challenge the answer key is fixed. Any claims will not be entertained thereafter, irrespective of the fact that they are right or not. Be very mindful of not missing out the deadline.
Process to Download the Answer Key
The answer key will be available for downloading on ntanet.nic.in. Download the answer key using the following process-
Step 1: Open the official website
- Visit the official site, ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Click on ‘UGC NET 2019 Answer Key’.
Step 2: Log In to the students portal
- This page will ask you for your application number and password (date of birth). Add the information and submit the same.
Step 3: Download the answer key
- Lastly, the answer key is available. Download it and save it for future reference.
How to Challenge the Answer Key?
Once the answer key is released, it’s open for any challenge from the side of the candidates. In other words, the applicants are given an added bonus for they can claim if there is any issue with the answer key. Following is the method that one can adopt to challenge the UGC NET answer key 2019-
Step 1: Log In
- Log In to the portal on the official site using the application number and password.
- You will find a dialogue box that reads “Click for challenging the answer key”. Click on the same.
Step 2: Challenge the answer key
- In the second step, you will find the questions in a sequential order of their question ID. Click on the question that you wish to challenge.
- Mark the correct answer ID from the ones present beside the question.
- Save you claim and advance to the next step.
Step 3: Provide relevant proof
- This step asks you to upload documents in support of your claim. Upload the required documents and finally save the claim.
Step 4: Pay the fees
- Finally, pay the processing fees that is INR 1000. Make the transaction through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Paytm.
- Once the payment is received, your claim is recorded.
Frequently asked Questions
No. Only those questions are evaluated where you have marked a single answer.
It’s essential to give a well-documented proof for the claim that you make. Further, make sure that you support your argument with a valid proof.
Provisional answer key refers to a temporary answer key, which can be modified later. Since the initial answer key can be challenged and consequently changed, it’s termed as the provisional answer key.